August 14, 2019 | Posted by Heather Dominick
Do you find yourself constantly taking on more and more projects than you can handle, almost never leaving yourself any space to hit the brakes? Or maybe you find that you avoid work you love, terrified of what could happen if you begin working on it?
An unconscious pattern we tend to share as Highly Sensitive Entrepreneurs (no matter what HSE Coping Mechanism we tend to default to) is the act of abandoning yourself for what you mistakenly think is “safety”. However, it is when you can see it that you can come back to your HSE Strengths and be equipped to thrive in your business. Listen in to today’s episode to see how our false safety and security can lead us to never achieving our full potential as Highly Sensitive Entrepreneurs.
As a Highly Sensitive, if you’re comparing yourself to the other 80%, you will always be wrong, and you will never be enough, because you can never be who they are.” – Heather Dominick
- How feelings of inadequacy become so important to Highly Sensitives
- Why our coping mechanisms push us farther away from our true selves as HSEs
- How these behaviors manifest differently in pushers rather than hiders
- Why the combo platter feels torturous
- The importance of learning to quiet the superego voice
Every time we are triggered into our HSE coping mechanisms, we are abandoning ourselves.” – Heather Dominick
None of the coping mechanisms are of service, it’s simply about the reaction. To understand it so we can change it.” – Heather Dominick