December 02, 2020 | Posted by Heather Dominick
We as a species have an innate desire to seek out comfort, to soothe ourselves, and avoid difficulty. But what if you found out that these things may be the exact opposite of what we need to grow? That our transformation requires living in this discomfort?
Today on A Course In Business Miracles, we’re going to talk about how we can experience this growth while also calming ourselves and our nervous system. As a Highly Sensitive Leader, you’re willing to do whatever it takes to learn how to manage your nervous system rather than be a victim to the highly sensitive nervous system’s tendency to overwhelm in response to stimulation. So let’s learn how!
Listen in to learn about the transformation process, the danger of solely seeking comfort, and three tools to calm your Highly Sensitive nervous system.
All transformation is choice, action, choice, action, choice, action.” – Heather Dominick
- Why the process of transformation can be so slow for HSEs
- How we can build awareness of our nervous system going into overdrive
- The tools available for us to flip the switch
- Why our nervous system aids in the building of stories that can hurt us
- Why seeking comfort over discomfort can harm us in our growth and our relationships
- The different power poses that can help you embody the feelings you want to be experiencing
You will get closer and closer to be able to recognize that moment when the lid is flipped, and you will slowly be able to begin to bring it down.” – Heather Dominick
The comparison is a trigger for a lid flipped, that is all, it is not real.” – Heather Dominick