August 12, 2020 | Posted by Heather Dominick
Welcome to episode 89 of A Course In Business Miracles! As HSEs, we have lived much of our life not knowing why we can’t interact with the world in a way that feels healthy or good to us. Many times, we feel that we have been hurt by others, that our goals and dreams were ruined by other people. And what follows this is a flood of shame and guilt, coming from our superego trying to protect us. But really, this is overkill, an overprotection.
One sign of being in your Highly Sensitive Shadows is when you criticize and judge yourself or others in your head–and then believe it. Find out the role that shame plays when this happens, and how it most likely has been playing out in your life and what to do differently.
The superego voice is basically that voice that you hear inside your head. It’s the internalization of the HSE shadows of self criticism and self judgment.” – Heather Dominick
- What the superego voice is and how it affects us
- How blame is a byproduct of the superego
- The three ways that shame shields overprotect us from unwanted feelings
- Why the shame shield is especially powerful for people pleasers
- The shame shield of aggression and why it’s not always manifested the same way
- Why the shame shields don’t help us heal
When the shame hits, the superego voice is an attempt to protect.” – Heather Dominick
One sign of being in your Highly Sensitive Shadows is when you criticize and judge yourself or others in your head, and then believe it.” – Heather Dominick