I don’t know about you, but I’m just starting to feel like I’m getting my feet on the ground of 2021. As we come up on the 1 year anniversary of these gosh-darn-exceptional last 12 months here’s what I’ve been reading, watching and listening to in order to keep my energy focused and my sh*zzzz together.
Here’s where I’m at this month …
1. Opera Singers Help Covid-19 Patients Learn to Breathe Again by Andrew Dickson (The New York Times) – As this virus continues to ravage the United States and the world, I found this article inspiring and hopeful. I also happen to mentor more than one Highly Sensitive Leader with the gift of voice and so personally loved this creative approach to support those healing from the traumatic impact of COVID-19. I think you’ll find it uplifting, too.
As I’m approaching my 50th birthday I’m grieving the trip I was planning to take to Paris to celebrate which is maybe why I’m watching anything French I can get my hands on …
1. Emily In Paris (Netflix) – Fun, light, over-the-top fashion.
2. Call My Agent (Netflix) – Smart, engaging, excellent acting.
3. Lupin (Netflix) – Mystery, engaging, cliff hanger.
1. Black Fashion History (Podcast) – I’ve been a die-hard fan of the TV sitcom Living Single since its debut in the 90s. I would watch this show as a college student and long to live their NYC lives. The characters were bright, vibrant, funny and witty as heck. So, when I learned that the main designer for the costumes on that show was featured on this podcast I became an instant fan. She’s one super talented woman as are so many of the designers featured on each of the shows.
1. Dan Siegel’s Hand Model of the Brain – This is a tool I’ve used for years to both remind myself as well as to teach other highly sensitives to understand there are choices you can make to have your nervous system work for you rather than feel like it’s always working against you. It’s simple, yet profound (my favorite combination for learning :)).
Hope you find something useful (or just plain fun) in these recommendations to support yourself with keeping it all moving forward during these Exceptional Times as a Highly Sensitive Entrepreneur and Leader.
I’d love to hear what you’re reading, watching and listening to as well; I’m always open to being introduced to something new and will happily give you credit if it’s something I end up latching onto. Just “hit reply” and let me know. 🙂
We will continue to transcend these times – together.